Why You Should Start Small to Grow Big – 011
I recently met with a business owner who wanted to find out more about sales funnels. When I met with them, they talked me through their business and told me that they were failing to get traction with the courses they were selling, and they thought sales funnels would help. IMHO there was a reason they were failing to get traction and not having a sales funnel wasn’t it.
In this show I want to share about market positioning and category design, concepts which I think could help the business owner I spoke to and maybe you too. There are some great examples of entrepreneurs and visionaries who have successfully made their company stand out through deliberately and in some cases, accidentally, creating a category and putting themselves at the top of it.
I often talk about helping you and your business stand out and I’m hoping this episode gives you more food for thought and another angle to come at this from. I will also cover sales funnels so that if you haven’t come across them you can see where and when they might fit into your business.
What we’re going to cover:
- The classic mistake the business owner and many of us make from a scarcity mindset.
- What are sales funnels and how they work best.
- Need based business design.
- Why being ‘better’ is bad.
- How you can condition the market to have an epiphany.
- Why articulating the problem best makes you a winner.
- Why self-anointment isn’t the same thing and can undermine you.
- What we can learn from Amazon, UBER and Dyson
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- leave a comment below.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
To help the show out:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help get the word out and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
See you next time.
*Please note some resources have affiliate links, which means I get a small commission when you buy through my link, but it won’t affect your payment.